Conditions of use
This website is operated by British American Tobacco Middle East DMCC. Please read these terms and conditions of use (“conditions of use”) carefully. By accessing this website you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions of use you should not access or view this website.
To make these conditions of use easier to read, we use a few definitions. The terms “British American Tobacco Middle East” or “British American Tobacco ME” or “BAT ME”, “we”, “us” and “our” are used to refer to British American Tobacco ME DMCC.
The terms “British American Tobacco”, “the Group” and “The British American Tobacco Group” are used to refer to British American Tobacco p.l.c. and the group of companies constituting its direct and indirect subsidiaries worldwide, including British American Tobacco ME DMCC.
Any enquiries or questions which you have in relation to this website should be made either by emailing us at ____________ or be addressed to British American Tobacco ME DMCC, P.O. Box 337222, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
a) Information about you
When you visit our websiteyou may be required to provide certain personal information in order to benefit from our services. We receive and store any information that you provide to us. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of our services. Such information may include but is not limited to, identifying information such as your name, age, address, phone numbers and payment information.
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about you and your use of our website through the use of automatic data collection tools. These tools collect certain standard information about your access and computer, such as your browser type, operating system and language, access times and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
British American Tobacco ME DMCC will not intentionally collect any information about visitors to this website who are under twenty-one years of age. If British American Tobacco ME DMCC becomes aware that a child has provided any information this will immediately bedeleted from British American Tobacco ME DMCC’s records.We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
b) Who do we share your information with?
British American Tobacco ME DMCC may share your personal information in the following ways:
• To offer you our services and marketing communications under this website and to enable you to benefit therefrom, as well as for the purpose of system maintenance and support, we may share your personal information with other British American Tobacco entities worldwide or to third party agents, representatives or suppliers of British American Tobacco or to contracted service providers (e.g. logistics businesses used to deliver products to you, marketing companies, payments processers to process online transactions, etc.) (“Third Parties”). You understand that it is important that such Third Parties have access to your relevant information to perform their functions. We may also receive information from these business (e.g. updated delivery and address information), which we may use (e.g. to correct our records, deliver your next purchase or send you marketing communications). By using our website, you hereby freely and explicitly consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your information among Third Parties.
• British American Tobacco ME DMCC may also be required to disclose your personal information to: (i) respond to duly authorised information requests from the police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of British American Tobacco or its subsidiaries; or (iv) protect the personal safety of British American Tobacco employees, third party agents or members of the public.
• Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, British American Tobacco decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is British American Tobacco’s practice to seek appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
We do not share, rent or trade your information with third parties (not identified herein) for marketing or promotional purposes.
c) Accuracy of your information and your rights
British American Tobacco ME DMCC strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. You have the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you and/or to ask us not to process your information (or not to pass your information to third parties). If you would like copies of your information, or if you would like us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information, or if you would like that information blocked or deleted from our records, then please contact the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of British American Tobacco ME DMCC at P.O. Box 337222, Dubai, United Arab Emirates or e-mail us at _______________.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the relevant regulatory authority in the UAE.
d) How do we keep your personal information secure?
British American Tobacco will take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or unlawful disclosure of the information you provide to us. Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who requires access to your information will also be required to implement reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect your information.
e) Where do we transfer your information to?
Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who imports personal information in the course of providing services to British American Tobacco is required to keep that information confidential and comply with national data protection laws or, where applicable, to be bound by appropriate contractual obligations that protect your personal information.
‘Cookies’ are small data files that are sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your device’s hard drive. References in these conditions of use to ‘cookies’ also include other means of automatically accessing or storing information on your device.
We may use web beacons, which are transparent image files on web pages and are used to monitor your journey around British American Tobacco Group websites.
However, some of the tools and content in the ‘Media’ and ‘Investors’ sections of our website are delivered by (and in some cases also hosted by) third party content providers. When you access this content, these third party providers may set cookies on your computer or mobile device.
For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Links to external websites
This website includes links to external websites which are subject to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. We are not responsible for the content of these external websites and we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of such sites before you submit any information about yourself. These links are provided solely for convenience to you. No endorsement of any party, products or services is expressed or implied and accordingly British American Tobacco ME DMCC cannot accept any liability for the accuracy of, or otherwise in relation to, any content or the security of any activity carried out on such other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such linked websites. Your use of such websites is at your sole risk.
1. This website is provided to you free of charge, without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated. The information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only.
2. Except as expressly provided for on this website, British American Tobacco ME DMCC is not responsible for the content or use of any web pages or any messages sent or received by you.
3. All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights used as part of this website are vested in British American Tobacco ME DMCC and / or its licensors. You acquire no rights in the website other than the limited right to use the website in accordance with these conditions of use. You may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium, any part of this website or its content. However, you are permitted to print out or download information and content from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use only. Other than as stated in these conditions of use, you may not make any part of the website available as part of another website, whether by scraping, crawling, hyperlink framing on the Internet or otherwise unless you have been authorised to do so in writing by British American Tobacco ME DMCC.
4. You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages which may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
5. British American Tobacco ME DMCC reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
6. You hereby agree to indemnify British American Tobacco ME DMCC against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against British American Tobacco ME DMCC as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these conditions of use.
7. If you are in breach of these conditions of use British American Tobacco ME DMCC may suspend or block your access to this website and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
8. BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO ME DMCC PUBLISHES THIS WEBSITE “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES REFERRED TO ON THE WEBSITE (IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES MAY BE EXCLUDED UNDER ANY RELEVANT LAW). EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR FOR FRAUD, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO ME DMCC NOR ANY OTHER COMPANY IN THE BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGE WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE AND WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OF PROFITS), CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL THAT MAY RESULT FROM ACCESS OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, HOWSOEVER ARISING. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THIS WEBSITE.
9. If any part of these conditions of use is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these conditions of use shall not be affected.
10. These conditions of use govern our relationship with you and represent our entire agreement with you.
11. The conditions of use and the content of this website are governed by the United Arab Emirates law whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
British American Tobacco ME DMCC is incorporated in DMCC Free Zone, Dubai.
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Cluster Y, JBC 3 Bldg. P.O. Box 337222
Please send legal notices to P.O. Box 337222, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Please send all other correspondence in relation to this website (including any enquiries or complaints) to the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of British American Tobacco ME DMCC, P.O. Box 337222, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.